- SQLObject 3.7.0 (master)
- SQLObject 3.6.0
- SQLObject 3.5.0
- SQLObject 3.4.0
- SQLObject 3.3.0
- SQLObject 3.2.0
- SQLObject 3.1.0
- SQLObject 3.0.0
SQLObject 3.7.0 (master)¶
Released 24 Feb 2018.
- Close cursors after using to free resources immediately instead of waiting for gc.
- Fix for TypeError using selectBy on a BLOBCol. PR by Michael S. Root.
- Extend support for oursql and Python 3 (requires our fork of the driver).
- Fix cursor.arraysize - pymssql doesn’t have arraysize.
- Set timeout for ODBC with MSSQL.
- Fix _setAutoCommit for MSSQL.
- Document extras that are available for installation.
python_versionenvironment marker in
extras_requiredeclarative. This makes the universal wheel truly universal.
Released 15 Nov 2017.
- Add Python3 special methods for division to SQLExpression. Pull request by Michael S. Root.
- Add support for pg8000 PostgreSQL driver.
- Fix autoreconnect with pymysql driver. Contributed by Shailesh Mungikar.
- Remove generated HTML from eggs/wheels (docs are installed into wrong place). Generated docs are still included in the source distribution.
- Add tests for PyGreSQL, py-postgresql and pg8000 at AppVeyor.
- Fixed bugs in py-postgresql at AppVeyor. SQLObject requires the latest version of the driver from our fork.
Released 5 Aug 2017.
- Python 2.6 is no longer supported. The minimal supported version is Python 2.7.
Drivers (work in progress)¶
Encode binary values for py-postgresql driver. This fixes the last remaining problems with the driver.
Encode binary values for PyGreSQL driver using the same encoding as for py-postgresql driver. This fixes the last remaining problems with the driver.
Our own encoding is needed because unescape_bytea(escape_bytea()) is not idempotent. See the comment for PQunescapeBytea at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/libpq-exec.html:
This conversion is not exactly the inverse of PQescapeBytea, because the string is not expected to be “escaped” when received from PQgetvalue. In particular this means there is no need for string quoting considerations.
List all drivers in extras_require in setup.py.
- Use base64.b64encode/b64decode instead of deprecated encodestring/decodestring.
- Fix a bug with sqlite-memory: rollback transaction and close connection. The solution was found by Dr. Neil Muller.
- Use remove-old-files.py from ppu to cleanup pip cache at Travis and AppVeyor.
- Add test_csvimport.py more as an example how to use load_csv from sqlobject.util.csvimport.
Released 7 May 2017.
- Support for Python 2.6 is declared obsolete and will be removed in the next release.
- Convert scripts repository to devscripts subdirectory. Some of thses scripts are version-dependent so it’s better to have them in the main repo.
- Test for __nonzero__ under Python 2, __bool__ under Python 3 in BoolCol.
Drivers (work in progress)¶
- Add support for PyODBC and PyPyODBC (pure-python ODBC DB API driver) for
MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL. Driver names are
pypyodbc). There are some problems with pyodbc and many problems with pypyodbc.
- Run tests at Travis CI and AppVeyor with Python 3.6, x86 and x64.
- Stop running tests at Travis with Python 2.6.
- Stop running tests at AppVeyor with pymssql - too many timeouts and problems.
Released 11 Mar 2017.
- Drop table name from
VACUUMcommand in SQLiteConnection: SQLite doesn’t vacuum a single table and SQLite 3.15 uses the supplied name as the name of the attached database to vacuum.
driverkeyword from RdbhostConnection as it allows one driver
driverkeyword for FirebirdConnection. Allowed values are ‘fdb’, ‘kinterbasdb’ and ‘pyfirebirdsql’. Default is to test ‘fdb’ and ‘kinterbasdb’ in that order. pyfirebirdsql is supported but has problems.
driverkeyword for MySQLConnection. Allowed values are ‘mysqldb’, ‘connector’, ‘oursql’ and ‘pymysql’. Default is to test for mysqldb only.
- Add support for MySQL Connector (pure python; binary packages are not at PyPI and hence are hard to install and test).
- Add support for oursql MySQL driver (only Python 2.6 and 2.7 until oursql author fixes Python 3 compatibility).
- Add support for PyMySQL - pure python mysql interface).
- Add parameter
timeoutfor MSSQLConnection (usable only with pymssql driver); timeouts are in seconds.
- Remove deprecated ez_setup.py.
Drivers (work in progress)¶
- Fix MSSQLConnection.columnsFromSchema: remove ( and ) from default value.
- Fix MSSQLConnection and SybaseConnection: insert default values into a table with just one IDENTITY column.
- Remove excessive NULLs from
CREATE TABLEfor MSSQL/Sybase.
- Fix concatenation operator for MSSQL/Sybase (it’s
- Fix MSSQLConnection.server_version() under Py3 (decode version to str).
- The docs are now generated with Sphinx.
docs/LICENSEto the top-level directory so that Github recognizes it.
pytestin tests and docs.
- Great Renaming: fix
pytestwarnings by renaming
pytestto recognize them as test classes.
pytestwarnings by converting yield tests to plain calls: yield tests were deprecated in
- Tests are now run at CIs with Python 3.5.
- Run at Travis CI tests with Firebird backend (server version 2.5; drivers fdb and firebirdsql). There are problems with tests.
- Run tests at AppVeyor for windows testing. Run tests with MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres and SQLite backends; use Python 2.7, 3.4 and 3.5, x86 and x64. There are problems with MS SQL and MySQL.
Released 16 Aug 2016.
- Add UuidCol.
- Add JsonbCol. Only for PostgreSQL. Requires psycopg2 >= 2.5.4 and PostgreSQL >= 9.2.
- Add JSONCol, a universal json column.
- For Python >= 3.4 minimal FormEncode version is now 1.3.1.
- If mxDateTime is in use, convert timedelta (returned by MySQL) to mxDateTime.Time.
- Developer’s Guide is extended to explain SQLObject architecture and how to create a new column type.
- Fix URLs that can be found; remove missing links.
- Rename reStructuredText files from *.txt to *.rst.
- Tests are now run at Circle CI.
- Use pytest-cov for test coverage. Report test coverage via coveralls.io and codecov.io.
- Install mxDateTime to run date/time tests with it.
Released 1 Jun 2016.
- Support for Python 2 and Python 3 with one codebase! (Python version >= 3.4 currently required.)
- PyDispatcher (>=2.0.4) was made an external dependency.
- Source code was made flake8-clean.