SQLObject 3.2.0 (master)¶
- Drop table name from
VACUUMcommand in SQLiteConnection: SQLite doesn’t vacuum a single table and SQLite 3.15 uses the supplied name as the name of the attached database to vacuum.
driverkeyword from RdbhostConnection as it allows one driver
driverkeyword for FirebirdConnection. Allowed values are ‘fdb’ or ‘kinterbasdb’. Default is to test ‘fdb’ and ‘kinterbasdb’ in that order. pyfirebirdsql is supported but has problems.
driverkeyword for MySQLConnection. Allowed value are ‘mysqldb’, ‘connector’, ‘oursql’ and ‘pymysql’. Default is to test for mysqldb only.
- Add support for MySQL Connector (pure python; binary packages are not at PyPI and hence are hard to install and test).
- Add support for oursql MySQL driver (Python 2.6 and 2.7 until oursql fixes python 3 compatibility).
- Add support for PyMySQL - pure python mysql interface).
- Add parameter
timeoutfor MSSQLConnection (usable only with pymssql driver); timeouts are in seconds.
Drivers (work in progress)¶
- Extend support for PyGreSQL driver. There are still some problems.
- Add support for py-postgresql PostgreSQL driver. There are still problems with the driver.
- Add support for pg8000 PostgreSQL driver. There are major problems with the driver caused by both the driver and SQLObject.
- Add support for pyfirebirdsql.
- Fix MSSQLConnection.columnsFromSchema: remove () from default value.
- Fix MSSQLConnection and SybaseConnection: insert default values into a table with just one IDENTITY column.
- Remove excessive NULLs for MSSQL/Sybase.
- Fix concatenation operator for MSSQL/Sybase (it’s
- Fix MSSQLConnection.server_version() under Py3 (decode version to str).
- The docs are now generated with Sphinx.
docs/LICENSEto the top-level directory so that Github recognizes it.
pytestin tests and docs.
- Great Renaming: fix
pytestwarnings by renaming
pytestto recognize them as test classes.
pytestwarnings by converting yield tests to plain calls: yield tests were deprecated in
- Tests are now run at CIs with
- Run at Travis CI tests with Firebird backend (server version 2.5; drivers fdb and firebirdsql). There are problems with tests.
- Add AppVeyor for windows testing. Run tests with Postgres and MS SQL. There are problems with MS SQL.
- Run sqlite tests at AppVeyor.
Released 16 Aug 2016.
- Add UuidCol.
- Add JsonbCol. Only for PostgreSQL. Requires psycopg2 >= 2.5.4 and PostgreSQL >= 9.2.
- Add JSONCol, a universal json column.
- For Python >= 3.4 minimal FormEncode version is now 1.3.1.
- If mxDateTime is in use, convert timedelta (returned by MySQL) to mxDateTime.Time.
- Developer’s Guide is extended to explain SQLObject architecture and how to create a new column type.
- Fix URLs that can be found; remove missing links.
- Rename reStructuredText files from *.txt to *.rst.
- Tests are now run at Circle CI.
- Use pytest-cov for test coverage. Report test coverage via coveralls.io and codecov.io.
- Install mxDateTime to run date/time tests with it.
Released 1 Jun 2016.
- Support for Python 2 and Python 3 with one codebase! (Python version >= 3.4 currently required.)
- PyDispatcher (>=2.0.4) was made an external dependency.
- Source code was made flake8-clean.